Monday 30 May 2011

DEVELOPMENT

The development of my design started with exploration of frame types and ergonomic features

 My next hurdle was deciding how to attach the rope to my chair. The main techniques I was interested in exploring were using a crochet technique around the pole, wrapping the rope around the pole, attaching a zig zag wire feature to the pole, drilling holes into the pole and sewing a sleeve with eyelets in it over the top.
The next step is to work out materials and the pattern to make with the rope.

Experimentation with knotting the rope around a pole

After deciding on a knotting technique, I then moved on to develop a frame. I wanted it to be relatively simple in form with a deep set back. This is the initial chair frame shape I came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment